Arco di Tito
Constructed after the year 81 A.D. to celebrate the victories of Vespasian and Titus, the arch enjoys a dominant position ate the end of the Via Sacra: it is rich in fineley-made sculptural bas-reliefs as witnesses by the corteo trionfale (triumphal march) and quadriga imperiale (imperial quadrille). The operation regarded work on restoring and consolidating the pylons.
L’ Aquila mura urbiche
The walls of L’Aquila are the ancient circle of the city and represent the boundary to its historic center. Built from the thirteenth century, and largely preserved even today, they maintain approximately their original shape, despite the numerous changes due to collapses (caused by frequent earthquakes) and urban planning demolitions; they extend for more than five and a half kilometers. Damaged in the earthquake of 2009 earthquake, they were restored in 2010 and are now open to the public. The intervention is related to the recovery and seismic improvement of a section of the city walls after the tragic earthquake in L'Aquila.
Baia Parco Archeologico
The archaeological site of Baia is an archaeological area located in Baia, a suburb of Bacoli, in the area of Campi Flegrei. Today only what once was the hilly part of the city remains, being the other part below the level of the sea, sunk due to bradyseism. Extensive intervention of consolidation, securing and preservative restoration of the archaeological structures, arrangement and restoration of the paths in the park.
Tempio di Venere e Roma
One the most important orginal remains of the Roman Forum area, constituting two neighbording semicircular buildings; the one facing the Forum is dedicated to the goddess Roma and the other, towards the Colosseum, in honor of Venus. The restoration and consolidation was directed to the south side at the crosing of the two apses, the cell of Roma , the side columns, and the polichrome pavement.
Castello di Santa Severa
This suggestive castle is an integral part of the marine defense complex of the medieval village that coincides with an acident Etruscan site. The project involved structural restoration and cosolidating of both the “long branch” and the “short branch” as well as redoing the roofing for the central body.
S.Michele a Ripa
The edifice borders for some 300 meters on the section of Tiber River named for S. Michele and is paralleled by the Via S. Michele behind the structure. It was built in the 16th Century as a religius institution for the education of improverished boys and as a hospice for eldery. It now serves as headquarters for the Superintendence of the Ministry of Culture. Operations include work on the restoration of the interior surfaces for the Boys’ Courtyard and new roofing on the ex-laundry attic (stenditoio).
This small sized palazzetto made by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger, was defined by Vasari as one of the most beautiful buildings in Rome. The edifice is set around a quadrilateral shaped courtyard, rising in height with a two-storey loggia, with Tuscan pilasters on the first level and Ionic pilasters on the second one.Restoration works were carried out on the main facade on Via delle Coppelle and on the four facades of the internal courtyard, as well as the shingle renovation on the main facade. The deteriorating state of the building did not allow a correct interpretation of this work.
Cattedrale di Foligno
The cathedral of St. Feliciano rising from the spot that hosts the sepulcre of this martyred saint from the third century. After the construction of a smal church above this tomb, construction began for a real and proper cathedral, consacrated in 1146. Through a series of transformations and additions that start with the construction of the second facade inspiring the adoption of a latin cross plan (1201) to the raising of the cupola (Baccio d’Agnolo in 1543), one arrives to the final version in neoclassic style, authored by Piermarini 1772.
Ponte delle Catene - Lucca
Built between 1844 and 1860, it was commissioned by the Duke of Lucca, Charles Louis de Bourbon, and designed by Lorenzo Nottolini. It is one of the first suspension bridges in Italy. This work is based on the innovative use of iron industrial techniques, through the chain suspension, and on a complex underground mechanism maintaining the chains’ tension. There has been a real radical intervention, with the complete disassembly of the deck, as far as both the iron works and the woodworks are concerned.
One of the most suggestive sites in the Roman National Museum, headquartered in the former convent of the Certosini di S. Maria degli Angeli, whose cloister, with its 300 meters parameter, is supported by one hundred columns and possibly atributed to Michelangelo. The vaulting of the four porticos hostings relief saturday and fragmentes as well as the interior surfaces and corridors were the subject of restoration work and consolidation.
Villa Adriana in Tivoli is one of 47 Italian sites included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. Built by Emperor Hadrian, it is a monumental housing complex that still represents the glories of ancient Rome’s places of power. Over the years, several restoration interventions have been carried out, as well as the creation of new functional works at the Villa, such as the parking lot and services in the area of the Pecile. Among the various restorations we can mention the Canopous, the Grandi Terme (Great Baths), the Teatro Marittimo (Maritime Theatre) and the functional recovery of the Cento Camerelle (Hundred Small Chambers) as well as several replantings of the green areas.
Ostia Antica scavi di porto
According to the traditional accounts, the first Roman colony, founded in the seventh century BC by the king of Rome Anco Marzio, particularly developed in the imperial age as a commercial and port center. It remained the residential and administrative center after the construction of Claudius and Trajan’s harbors, but declined rapidly in the Late Antiquity age, replaced by the port city of Porto; it was abandoned in the early Middle Ages. VThe ruins of the city were dug from the beginning of the 19th century: along with the public monuments, several dwelling houses and production facilities were preserved, making it an important record of ancient everyday life.
Paeleo-christian Basiclica of Porto. This paleo-christian basilica was probabily the cathedral of Porto, judging from the dimension of the site revealed by recent excavations in occasion of the Grand Jubilee. Excavation work and conservation brought to light the basilica with its three naves and apse, wall porticoes and several other areas including an interesting mosaic pavement and baptismal font.
Rocca Costanza Pesaro
Centuries-old medieval castle dating from the second half of the fifteenth century. Built by Costanzo Sforza between 1474 and 1483, it is the most important fortification of the city and was primarily created as a military building, designed to defense and entrench the city. It has undergone several interventions of recovery, reclamation of some underground areas, restoration, static consolidation at the different levels of the tower.
The Colosseum, originally known as the Amphitheatrum Flavium or simply the Amphitheatrum, is the largest amphitheater in the world. It is located in the city center of Rome. In 1990, the Colosseum, along with all the historical center of Rome, the Vatican extraterritorial zones in Italy and the Basilica of San Paolo Fuori le Mura, was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, while in July 2007 it was included among the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Cagliari Necropoli Tuvixeddu
The Tuvixeddu necropolis is the largest Phoenician-Punic necropolis still in existence. It extends within the city of Cagliari, all over the hill of the same name, and lies between the areas developed along viale Sant'Avendrace and Via Is Maglias. The name Tuvixeddu means "hill of small holes", from the Sardinian word “tuvu” for "cavity", "empty", "hole", due to the presence of numerous tombs carved into the limestone. Important intervention in the vastest necropolis found so far, in order to create an archaeological park in the heart of the city, with excavation and infrastructural works.
Between myth and reality, today the Colle Palatino is certainly one of the most beautiful places in the city: home to the ruling class of ancient Rome, and, subsequently, seat of the gardens of the Farnese family, today the Palatino is a real open air museum, surrounded by lush vegetation that extends along the slopes of the hill, from which you can enjoy wide vistas of the entire archaeological area below. The works mainly focused on the safety of visitors’ paths, with interventions on pavements and walls, and the placement of the octagonal fountain.
Ex Caserma la Marmora
The structure is one of the most secret and refined places of Baroque Rome. The current restoration, which was made by the Superintendence for Architectural Heritage and Historical Heritage of Rome and lasted several years, has allowed the restructuring and full recovery of the complex and its natural logistic appendage. Within a long and complex functional recovery, this intervention has allowed to complete the courtyard of the wash house, the nineteenth-century staircase and the second floor.
Chiostro del Bramante
An outstanding example of Renaissance architecture, this work of Donato Bramante (1444-1515) consists of two superimposed levels: a large portico with four arches on each side, Ionic pillars with capitals and base (pilasters), vaulted ceilings, and an upper open gallery (loggia) in composite style, with alternating Corinthian pillars and columns supporting the flat roofed lintel. In this important cloister we performed restoration works to the open gallery on the first floor, with a special interest in the stone parts.
Ex Palazzo Vescovile di Sutri
The complex of the former Bishop's Palace is located in the historic city center and represents one of the most important buildings in Sutri. After being for years in a state of grave disrepair, it will be restructured so as to regain its former glory and have a destination that will make it attractive and accessible to all citizens of Sutri.Works for the renovation, consolidation and transformation of the former bishop's palace into a diocesan museum were carried out. The works radically affected the entire building, in order to arrange the property for its new use.
Santa Maria della Scala
Important example of a baroque church, with its double - tiered plain facade and superimposed half-columns. The restoration work was particulary demanding for the exteriors with their false marble treatment. The interior, with its latin cross and nave plan, needed work to dehumidify the surrounding walls and subsequent conservation of the inside parameters with their restored decoration.